We offer school group tours for those interested in the operation of a modern theatre, on-stage, backstage and in the green room!
Bring your class to a tailored educational tour* of the Pilbeam Theatre including backstage areas.
What is included
- An engaging 30 min backstage tour of the venue.
- Up to 30 minutes additional time in the venue available (ie. for teachers to continue a lesson on stage.)
- Break off area in foyer with a space for bags
This will be suited to the age level and class size in the tour but can include:
- Venue Safety
- History of theatre
- History of the Pilbeam Theatre
- Theatre etiquette
- Venue areas – stage, basement, bio room, dressing rooms
- Lighting basics
- Mechanic basics
- Audio basics
What are the benefits
- Introduce students to the venue before they see a show
- Contextualise studies in theatre, music and performing arts
- Prepare students for the live arts
- Extend a CBD excursion with a free tour
Contact our box office for matinee viewings, and our administration to arrange school group tours today.